Vacancy – Kent Crusaders
Northfleet Technology College Full Time Coach
Salary: £18,171.39 for 37 hours per week and working for 41 weeks (which is term-time plus 3 weeks), this includes holiday pay (fixed contract for 1 year)
Commences June 2018
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, self-motivated coach to join a professional coaching team in delivering an elite basketball programme with Kent Crusaders and Northfleet Technology College.
Kent Crusaders are an elite player and coach development driven club. Our structures and philosophy is based around providing pathways for elite players that allow them to fulfil their potential.
Northfleet Technology College is a Kent Crusaders Basketball Academy who compete in the Academies Basketball League (ABL), along with national and county competitions for years 7-14 student athletes. Basketball is at the heart of the academy programme, with a professional staffing, tracking and delivery model.
The role is ideal for ambitious coaches who want the opportunity to develop and progress their coaching career. We are looking for someone with excellent basketball knowledge, combined with strong interpersonal and leadership skills. We pride ourselves as a club that puts people in the right situation with the support and mentoring to progress their basketball career.
The job will be based at Northfleet Technology College with National league games based at Brompton Academy.
- To be head coach and an assistant coach of a junior national league team (games in the weekends)
- To be head coach of the Senior Basketball Academy Second Team (16-19) at Northfleet Technology College and assistant coach of the Senior Basketball Academy Team (16-19).
- To be in charge of the delivery of individual sessions for basketball academy players and KS3 and KS4 school basketball teams.
- To support and work with the national league coaches
- To approach coaching from a player development perspective
- To work within the club’s framework and philosophy
- To take a professional approach in the planning, preparation and organisation
- To build and maintain relationships with various partners in the community and within the club
- To support and develop other coaches in the club
Qualifications & Experience
- UKBE Level II Coach (at least)
- Current and clean driving license
- Educated to a minimum of GCSE standard, with 5 GCSE’s a C or above (preferably including Maths and English)
- At least 2 years Coaching experience at junior level
- Experience coaching players of all ages and abilities and working with other coaches
Ideally the successful candidate should have excellent knowledge and understanding of the game of basketball and the operation of club basketball. They must be a strong communicator with players and club personnel alike. The role will require flexibility to work regularly at weekends.
The appointment will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS Check. References will be requested from your current/most recent employer and/or club.
How to Apply
Please send a copy of your CV and letter of application to Martin Parry no later than 30th April to either firstname.lastname@example.org or Martin Parry, Northfleet Technology College, Colyer Road, Northfleet, Kent, DA11 8BG.
Please contact Martin on 07841819536 for further information.
Interviews will take place the week of 7th May – 11th May.