Salary: £18,713.64 for 37 hours per week and working for 41 weeks (which is term-time plus 3 weeks), this includes
holiday pay (fixed contract for 1 year)
Commences September 2020
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, self-motivated coach to join a professional coaching team in delivering
an elite basketball programme with Kent Crusaders and Northfleet Technology College.
Kent Crusaders are an elite player and coach development driven club. Our structures and philosophy is based
around providing pathways for elite players that allow them to fulfil their potential.
Northfleet Technology College is a Kent Crusaders Basketball Academy who compete in the Academies Basketball
League (ABL), along with national and county competitions for years 7-14 student athletes. Basketball is at the heart
of the academy programme, with a professional staffing, tracking and delivery model.
The role is ideal for ambitious coaches who want the opportunity to develop and progress their coaching career. We
are looking for someone with excellent basketball knowledge, combined with strong interpersonal and leadership
skills. We pride ourselves as a club that puts people in the right situation with the support and mentoring to progress
their basketball career.
The job will be based at Northfleet Technology College with National league games based at Brompton Academy.
- To be head coach of the U18 Northfleet Crusaders national league team (games in the weekends)
- To be head coach of the Senior Basketball Academy Second Team (16-19) at Northfleet Technology College.
- To be in charge of the delivery of individual sessions for basketball academy players and KS3 and KS4 school
- To support and work with the national league coaches
- To approach coaching from a player development perspective
To work within the club’s framework and philosophy
- To take a professional approach in the planning, preparation and organisation
- To build and maintain relationships with various partners in the community and within the club
- To support and develop other coaches in the club
Qualifications & Experience
- UKBE Level II Coach (at least)
- Current and clean driving license
- Educated to a minimum of GCSE standard, with 5 GCSE’s a C or above (preferably including Maths and
- At least 2 years Coaching experience at junior level
Experience coaching players of all ages and abilities and working with other coaches
Ideally the successful candidate should have excellent knowledge and understanding of the game of basketball and
the operation of club basketball. They must be a strong communicator with players and club personnel alike. The role
will require flexibility to work regularly at weekends.
Our school and all its personnel are strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
References will be requested from your current/most recent employer and/or club.
How to Apply
Please send a copy of your CV and a completed Application form to Martin Parry no later than 29th May to either
email@example.com or Martin Parry, Northfleet Technology College, Colyer Road, Northfleet, Kent, DA11 8BG
Coaching Vacancy Letter Click HERE
Coaching Vacancy Form Click HERE